2020 Scholarship Winners:
Brynne McWhirter, Plains Kaleb Franco, Lovington
Hector Rivera, Lovington Kira Moon, Lovington
Addison Marquez, Lovington Allie Williams, Plains
Astrid Quintana, Lovington Katelyn Ramirez, Lovington
Madison Carter, Plains Ashanti Vaughn, Lovington
Yvette Peters, Lovington Taylor Graham, Tatum
Ayden Garcia, Lovington Mya Garcia, Lovington
Hadlea Stine, Denver City Macie Gatzki, Plains
Brennan Martinez, Lovington
Scholarship Applications will be open on November 15, 2020.
The objective of the Lea County Electric Education Foundation Scholarship is to assist those individuals who desire to further their education and who desire to acquire the knowledge and skills to be better prepared to participate in the future employment marketplace.
Lea County Electric Cooperative Inc.’s Education Foundation has been providing scholarships to area students since 1988. For the 2021 fall semester, the Foundation will award scholarships to active member or dependent of a member residing within a county served by LCEC; a graduating senior in the current year from an accredited public or private high school, homeschooled, or have obtained a New Mexico/Texas GED or equivalent within a county served by LCEC; entering the military within four (4) months of high school graduation; and 19 years of age or less. Recipients of the one-time scholarship may use the $7,500 award to attend any accredited United States university/college or trade school including on-line institutions of higher learning towards an undergraduate degree. Applicants must enroll as full-time students.
The application (and all attachments thereto) must be signed, completed and submitted via mail to the LCEC office at P.O. Drawer 1447, Lovington, NM 88260 or in person by close of business on Friday, January 15, 2021, at any LCEC office: 1300 W. Avenue D, Lovington, NM; 203 S. Main, Tatum, NM; or 507 9th Street, Plains, TX. If an applicant fails to complete the entire application or fails to submit all items in the format requested hereunder by the deadline date, the application will not be considered for any purposes or under any circumstances with respect to the LCEC Education Foundation scholarships. NO POSTMARKS.
Please note that the application must be signed by both the student applying for the scholarship and the parent/guardian of the applicant and, if either of such signatures is not on the application, the application will be considered incomplete, and not considered in the application process.
LCEC Education Foundation does not, and will not discriminate, on the basis of race, color, sex, religion or national origin or on any other basis in either the application process or in the consideration and granting of the scholarships provided by LCEC Education Foundation. As a result, the scholarship for which you are applying is based upon the service territory of the electric cooperative of which your parent/guardian is a member.
By submitting the application package and the attachments along with submissions relating to the application, the applicant and his or her parent/guardian signing the application are certifying that the information submitted is true and correct and the applicant and his or her parent are agreeing to the scholarship conditions set forth below.
SCHOLARSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions on which the scholarships are to be made for the scholarship are as follows:
- Applications must be received by close of business day on Friday, January, 15, 2021.
- The scholarship is a one-time scholarship.
- Applicant must be an active LCEC member or a dependent of an active LCEC member that is residing within a county served by LCEC and is a graduating senior in the current year from an accredited public or private high school, homeschooled, or have obtained a New Mexico/Texas GED or equivalent within a county served by LCEC. Dependents must be living in a residence connected in the member’s name.
- Applicants entering into the military within four (4) months of high school graduation may be eligible.
- Applicants must be 19 years of age or less.
- Applicant must submit one (1) letter of recommendation.
- Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and willingness to pursue a course of higher learning.
- The scholarship will be paid by the LCEC Education Foundation directly to the educational institution for credit to the student’s account at the institution with notification of receipt to be received from the educational institution.
- In order for the scholarship funds to be received to the benefit of the scholarship recipient, the student must enroll on a full-time basis at the institution selected, which full-time status must be certified by the institution. Failure to qualify as a full-time student will result in a rescission of the scholarship. There are no exceptions to this rule, and except as determined by the LCEC Education Foundation on a nondiscriminatory basis, there will be no deferral of enrollment.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on funds available and the applicants' eligibility. The scholarships will not be awarded solely based on need, nor will need be a predominate basis upon which any determination is made.
- The scholarships shall be announced and awarded in the spring prior to the recipient’s graduation but are contingent and subject to the scholarship recipient graduating from high school and passing any required graduation exam.
You can complete the Scholarship application in writing by clicking the following:
To apply on-line click here.
Applications, transcripts and letter of recommendation should be sent to:
Lea County Electric Education Foundation
P. O. Drawer 1447, Lovington, New Mexico 88260
In person by close of business on Friday, January 15, 2021, at any LCEC office:
1300 W. Avenue D, Lovington, NM *** 203 S. Main, Tatum, NM *** 507 9th Street, Plains, TX
Scholarship Applications may be obtained on-line, by contacting any LCEC office, or at your high school counselor’s office.